13 October 2007

Llama llama bunny

Lorraine won't let me sing llama llama duck, so I have to improvise, you know? ;)

First, isn't this just the perfect llama promotional shot? I mean really.

And before we get into the llama obstacle course at the Harvest Fair, I have to show you a couple of cute kid shots. Here are #1 Son and Mr. Cool:

And Mr. Cool checking out the height on this llama!

Okey doke. Please forgive the blurriness of these pictures. Really, it's difficult to hold a camera when your jaw has dropped on the ground.

First we have the door on the advanced obstacle course. The contestants had to back their llamas through it, like this:

and this.

They had to side step back and forth over logs like this:

and this:

and then they went over to the ring.

The humans had to go first, which, in one case, presented a problem.

Some llamas refused to go. Of the ones that went, I tried to catch one in mid air, but alas, my reflexes had also been affected by my jaw dropping on the floor. This one had just jumped through.

They were amazingly fast! After the ring, they were off to go across a wobbly platform, up a ramp and down stairs and through a tunnel. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like it! It was very very cool. :)

Now, of course, no post could be complete without a picture of the new bunny that Mr. Cool won in the rabbit show raffle. So, without further ado, here he is:

Pepper the bunny, caught while having a little snack. :)

Be well everyone!

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! All those cute furry animals!

I'm going on cute furry overload here!

Is that angora rabbit proof that tribbles really do exist?

10:05 PM  
Blogger Sonja said...

The llama obstacle course would certainly have been worth seeing! How fun :)

1:41 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Great pics! Cute!

Your new bunny is adorable. I love that the nose looks huge because of the coloring.

2:59 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

I love the pictures, especially the look on your little boy's face, looking up at that tall llama!

And that is truly one cute bunny.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Aren't llamas supposed to be bad tempered? Pretty amazing!

4:28 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Lovely pictures! I'd never thought you could do agility with Llama's. Your boys are so cute too, very cool! ;o)

5:25 AM  
Blogger sophanne said...

mmmm- so loved this post. crazy llama obstacle course. i thought you were having a joke at the beginning. crazy llama song. I bookmarked it this time. thanks for the sunday a.m. grins!

7:33 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Pepper looks like he is fitting in nicely. I don't often get to see a good picture of a Llama. I had no idea they have agility for them either, though I am not sure why I am so surprised. There are probably lizard agility courses too. It made me smile just to picture it.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

A llama obstacle course?! Classic.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

How unbelievably fun! I got a good laugh out of that llama obstacle course. I wish someone would breed mini-llamas for home use.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Awesome pictures but I LOVE THAT BUNNY!

10:03 AM  
Blogger kat coyle said...

too cute!

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Llamas are gorgeous!

So is the new addition to the family "Pepper".

4:05 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Woo Hoo!! What a good looking bunny Pepper is!

4:11 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Aww Pepper is the perfect addition to your motley crew!!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love llamas. They are so darn cute!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Romi- I have a book on rabbit breeds, and your new one is a mixed Himalayan and California.

Such a Honey Bunny!

7:02 AM  
Blogger The Sexy Knitter said...

That is just too much cuteness for one post!!!! Love the new bunny. : )

9:44 AM  
Blogger Madge said...

Who knew there were llama obstacle courses? Certainly not I. What a crack up!

Pepper is one cute wabbit.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i showed my llama thre! we won reserve

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home