18 October 2007

Gen-U-ine Knitting Content

I know things have been fairly sparse blogwise around here lately, what with all the work on my book and my yarnball earrings (scroll down) appearing in Vogue (woooooooo!). But today, I have real, honest-to-goodness actual gen-u-ine knitting content!

I've actually done a little bit of relaxation knitting on the cover project, Komon, from Knit Kimono (I love this book!). I went stash diving and came up with a wool yarn that has a lot of drape to it: the Novelty Buotone from Handpaintedyarn.com, color Treintaytres. I didn't swatch (I didn't feel like it - so there!), but so far so good! :) Here is some tweedy goodness:

And a look at the stitch pattern.

It is super easy to memorize. Perfect for mindless little bits of time, and for Saturday morning knitting group (my "me" time every week!) when I can talk and not get completely screwed up from lack of concentration.

And here is a little teeny tiny teaser for a project in my book.

I know. It's a really small clue. But it is coming out so cool that I can't wait for everyone to see. :) It looks way cooler than the sketch I drew up! Which is a very very good thing, if you get my drift. It's just a good thing that my wonderful editor can see beyond the clunky sketches!

Hope everyone has been having a great week!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

You are a tease! I didn't know you got something in Vogue, I'll have to check it out, congratulations!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

cant wait to see!!!!! I LOVE the color!

4:19 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Congrats on Vogue! Holy toledo, that is great!

I love Love LOVE the yarn in your kimono pic.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Laritza said...

Mysteries all over! I love the colors :D

6:23 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Can you put those earring online here, Rosemary? I'd love to see them!

Pretty knitting, the stitch almost looks like crochet!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

You are creating such fantastic things in your life right now, and experiencing such awesome opportunities. I'm so happy for you!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

What a beautiful mix of colours...that's going to be one stunning kimono!
Congrats too on Vogue!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Maud said...

Lovely stitch pattern for the kimono, and the yarn looks promising with all the variegations (and remember, I'm not a fan of variegated yarns, but this do look cool). Congratulations on Vogue! How wonderful!

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on being in Vogue. That is so exciting. I love all your pins. I am going to have to order one when the exchange is over. The painted lady is amazing. I am so glad that you are getting use out of your new book. BTW A package will be arriving today or tomorrow. I hope.

5:16 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Ooo, pretty yarn for the kimono! i love the colors!

6:08 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Looking forward to seeing more!

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a pretty stitch pattern! I love simple knits sometimes.

Can't wait to see what this teaser is. And, I saw your earrings in VK!! Cool!

7:26 AM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

I saw the earrings in Vogue -- they are so fabulous! Sally loves that kimono book, too.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

Gorgeous pattern; gorgeous yarn! Congrats on seeing your earrings published in Vogue .. you must be almost 'bustin' your buttons'!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I saw the earrings- they're wonderful.

And I love tweedy yarn.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Lovely pictures! Look forward to seeing your book -- how exciting!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

The kimono is going to be gorgeous! Lovely colours.

3:31 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Beautiful job an both projects. The tweed is a nice blend of colours. I really love the colour of the mystery project.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I love these earrings! I'm emailing your link to my mom as a Christmas gift idea. :)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home