20 September 2007

And Another

Does anyone know of a generator that comes up with clever titles for blog posts? I could use one about now while what's left of my brain works tries to work on other stuff! ;)

Anyway, onward! As a little addendum to this tutorial on a provisional crocheted cast-on to knitting needle, here's what I do when I pick up the stitches. I had a few questions about it!

I begin by picking out the end of the crochet chain and unravelling the extra stitches, right up to the first stitch in the working yarn.

Then I begin carefully picking up the live stitches one at a time as I unravel the chain.

This is particularly important when you are using a slippery yarn or a really grabby one, like kidsilk haze.

It is time consuming, yes, but no stitches are dropped!

In other news, well, we're all working our hoo-hahs off over here. I haven't been able to do any recreational knitting (or crocheting) at all, so there's nothing to show! But I will say one thing: #1 Son's online school program is completely amazing. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in home-schooling. Wow.

Be well, everyone!

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

Who uses clever titles? ;^)

Just address whatever you're thinking to bloglines. Works for me most days.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Laritza said...

I pick up the stitches and then take off the provisional cast on. Specially with slippery yarns

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Working our hoo-hahs" might be an interesting blog title... See? You come up with the best after all.

2:46 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Wait a minute--you do all that AND home school? Wow!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter started kindergarten last week, and I'm already completely disenchanted with our public school system. I blogged a bit about it. She tells me that her first day, she learned how to sit cross-legged on the floor. She's supposed to be quiet, so she showed me how she stares at the ceiling. *sigh* I was hoping for something much more interactive and creative. Children are such eager learners, and I hate for that spirit to be stifled. (This is not to mention that the hours are so long, that she's completely exhausted.)I'm looking into home schooling, but we don't have a system, like yours, in Canada. I'm glad it's working out so well for your son!

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muir is so freaking gorgeous! I'll have to bite the bullet and make one...soon. Nice work.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks once more for a very helpful tutorial - that's what I kept having problems with and I will definitely try it your way next time!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- I was never disciplined enough for home schooling- but I did think about it. Good luck with that.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I have a huge hard time with titles. You are right on that one. My hoo-hah is about worn off, but I've heard very good news this week. That, and one contributor totally bailed on the project. You can't have everything! I've been thinking of you, and thinking of calling, but haven't quite swung it. Sorry about that!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Romi, it was both delightful and nostalgic to read what inspired you to design Muir... I too can bring that smell to mind when comfort is needed. A wonderful stole, by the way.

10:18 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Thanks for the extreme close up pics, that really helps a lot!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger kimberly said...

a generator for post titles? I need one for brain cells, mine have all stopped functioning.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Thanks for the addendum to the tutorial! I will definitely refer to your site next time I have to do this. I never have clever titles for my posts.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Posts titles don't really matter. I don't think anyone cares about the names of posts. I know I am just interested in whatever you do.

I haven't tapped into my "Whatchama-callits" category of posts.

I'd love to hear more about Home Schooling. My hat is off to you. I taught the children of others, but never my own. I was delighted to see my boys toddle off to school everyday. Ah, a few hours alone was bliss.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home