13 August 2007

Secret Pal 11

Can you believe I've never done one of these before? But it looks like so much fun every time I see one on some one's blog, that I just had to join in! So here goes on the questionnaire.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love Kidsilk haze and other laceweight silk mohair blends. I am a mo-ho. Love love love the fuzzy stuff. I don't like acrylic, and I don't like variegated yarns unless they are tone on tone and blend really really well.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A flat plastic bin.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting off and on for 30ish years. My mother taught me how to cast on, knit and purl and I went from there! I consider myself to be an advanced knitter. If I don't know how to do it, I'll work on it until I can. :)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I don't like fake scents. IOW, I like lavender, but only real lavender. I don't like the soap. I love the smell of tea tree oil. I love the smell of grapefruit and California Bay Laurel.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, unfortunately. I love Godiva "open oyster" truffles.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I bead and make jewelry. I don't spin, and I don't want to get sucked into that vortex! (Nothing against spinning. I just have the feeling that if I learned, you wouldn't be hearing from me for a long long time).

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like jazz, pop rock (particularly 80s music :g:) and baroque. Yes, my computer can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love acid green, golden orange and plummy purple. I don't like pastels, particularly pink; pastels look terrible on me!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married and have two boys, a rabbit, a cat and fish.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Not really.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Lace! I love it. :) Next favorite: mindless sweaters. :)

13. What are you knitting right now?
A bunch of jewelry and a shawl.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes - I love it that some one would spend time making something just for me.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular: Addis and Inox.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hmmmmmmm. About 2 years I think.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Knitting books, yarn and beads. Other than that, not really. I'm not much of a collector.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Hmmmmmmmmm. I'd like to see Joan McGowan Michael's book Knitting Lingerie and Annie Modesitt's Romantic Knits (is that the right title?) I love the new blackcurrant color of KSH and it will be mine, all mine! And one of these days I'm going to splurge and buy some of Sundara's laceweight silk yarn in Plum or Green Tea. I let all of my subscriptions lapse, but I used to have IK, Vogue and Knitter's.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I've never cut a steek, so I think I'll have to do that one of these days soon!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
True confessions time: I hate knitting socks. Perhaps this is because I have only knit them for my husband, who wears size 13, likes densely knit socks, doesn't like patterning of any kind, and likes full ribbing on the leg.

My foot:
length: 9.25 inches
width: 3.5 inches

23. When is your birthday?
December 3.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes! Romi.

So there you go. More than you ever wanted to know! ;)

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Never cut a steek? We'll need to remedy that!

3:41 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww- c'mon Rosemary.
Blackcurrant KSH- that's not fair!


Now we've got the goods on you!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I loved reading the responses to your questionnaire! We seem to have a lot in common, so I have a lot to react to. On the mohair, have you ever worked with Brooks Farm Primero? I'm not sure how I would categorize the weight - it's a little heavier than KSH. Love Godiva - my favorite are the key lime truffles. I never tried the open oyster ones, I don't think. I'm with ya on the spinning - I would never come out of my cave between that and the knitting, crocheting and sewing. Love 80s music. Great fave colors - I hate pastels too - like pink if it's vibrant though. If you get Knitting Lingerie Style, you should come join the KAL I set up for it. Ok, that's it for now, I think.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I hope your Secret Pal experience is a good one (I know it will be). Have fun!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the steeks. And no, this isn't more than we'd like to know. Very interesting responses. I love to see how we're all similar, but different, too.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to start shopping for you..

8:56 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

I hear you on the socks. I have enjoyed the challenge of knitting my daughter's pair, but I am not looking forward to the time it will take to knit an adult pair.

I love those natural fragrances too. I like to clean my floors with some water dish soap and tea tree oil. It smells so fresh.

Thanks for sharing!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can say "ditto" to just about everything you wrote, except about making jewellery. I haven't done that before; I'm waiting for a certain book to come out :)

I haven't done the secret pal thing before either!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yay! You'll love secret pal.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you an SP11 vendor?

2:45 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi--not a comment for this post but...I just wandered over here after linking to a comment on NH's blog and scrolling down see that I will definitely be back. I really like the jewelry you are doing, especially the choker in your free patterns section! That is very cool! I'm wanting to do a beaded/knitted necklace for friends for Xmas and now I may have to stop and make decisions! (I've only seen the one in Alterknits and liked that one)!

Anyway...great work!

6:32 PM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

I'm shocked that you are a "steek virgin!" And I think socks are just plain annoying -- why is everyone knitting those suckers??

7:21 PM  
Blogger Michelle Martino said...

So how do we jump on the secret pal bandwagon?

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another December baby! Born, I hasten to add, on a Saturday, not a Friday, so that tells you the date.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Jen D. said...

My first time for the Secret Pal too! I'm sooo excited! I love surprises...

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home