17 July 2007

A Little Randomness

Thank you all so much for your kind kudos! I passed them all on to #1 Son who is flying even higher, if that can be possible!

Not much interesting going on here today (that I can show you)! So I'll answer a few questions and make a few comments.

NH Knitting Mama asked "How is the book coming along?" Great! Thanks for asking! I totally love Interweave, and my editor is absolutely wonderful! I can't say enough about how great it is to work with her. All of the projects and colorways have been chosen and approved and I am working/knitting on the first section. I love doing these projects because they are fairly small and instant gratification and it really feels like I'm playing (except that I write it all down very very carefully)!

Kat commented that Dr. Destructo must be very good at hiding his alter ego. Yes and no. He is so blasted cute about destroying things that I find it very difficult to punish him. :sigh:

Susan asked if part of the Mystery Stole mystery was whether it was a stole or shawl. No - we all knew it was a stole. There were several Mystery Shawls, as well, but by woman named Renee. I don't know which came first. Renee has some really really gorgeous patterns though. You should check out her shawls! (I have no affiliation rather than having drooled at her site).

Valerie asked of Glad "where did that pattern come from? It's too cute!" It's from Rowan Magazine 39, designed by Sarah Hatton. I'm having second thoughts about my yarn choice though. It shows every uneven stitch (and there are many). I might give it a little block in a few rows to see how it's really working.

And I've finally taken some time to play a bit on Ravelry. Oy. It is so cool. If you're on, stop by and "friend" me! My user name is Romi. And if you're not on, you soon will be!

I'll leave you with one of #1 Son's drawings.

Note the name of the ship. :sigh: I just love my kids. :)

Labels: , , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Sereknitty said...

My that's an awful lot of talent for one little household! Terrific drawing!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Hey! It looks like #1 Son has inherited some of his parents' artistic talents.

How cool that he named his ship after you.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to the young Champ. That ship of his is terrific too.

Give him a hug from an Internet Grandmother.

I see he has inherited your artistic gifts. And those of your husbands. I wonder if he will grow up to be an artist? (g) I love it that he named the ship for you. Very sweet boy with a handsome rabbit for a pet.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

The drawing is fabulous! We know where his heart belongs ;-)

3:57 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

You have talented kids!

3:59 AM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

I am a little behind on my commenting, but let me just say that your silver ball stick pins are the most gorgeous things I have ever seen. I was shocked speechless -- and your son is a gem! Very talented family! Check back on my blog -- we found the pattern for that sweater! Woo Hoo!

RE: the uneven sts on the Glad Wrap: I HATE it when that happens! You know it's the yarn and not you, but other people don't know that. Bummer.

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, how sweet to name the ship after Mommy. I can't wait to get my Ravelry invite!!

5:05 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That ship is priceless...

5:15 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Whoa, amazing drawing...very cool.

I am so glad to hear that everything is awesome in your book world. You should enjoy it all the more knowing....what you know!

About uneven stitches--they even out over time. Historic knitting always looks even, and new knitting almost always has an uneven stitch or too...and it works itself out. If you like the general look of things, don't worry too much!

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 son is quite the artist! Runs in the family.... And congrats to him on the kata and the bunny.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Wow, #1 son ia so talented at so many things! I'm so excited for your book! And I'm delighted to hear that you're enjoying the process.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Thanks for "befriending" me on Ravelry - I added you to my friends list as well.

That's great that your book is going to be published by Interweave - I love all of their publications!

8:36 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

What great news about the book stuff. can't wait to hear more (when you can . . .)

10:02 AM  
Blogger thursday said...

Love the ship (I'm addicted to ships for some inane reason)!

Also glad to hear the book is coming along well - i know i'm interested to see what fun stuff you're coming up with! ;)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

That picture is too cute!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow he's good! Love the name, too. I'm sitting here wishing he could go take art lessons at the Corcoran Gallery in DC like my little sister did growing up.

4:17 PM  
Blogger kat coyle said...

I love your sons drawing! And conratulations on your book. Is it a knitting book? I love Interweave, they always produce such high quality books.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is an amazing drawing - it's very obvious that creativity runs in your family!!! I'm glad to hear that the book is coming along fine - man, I *so* can't wait to see it!

10:54 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

rosemary, your son's drawing reminds me of the whaling journals.

http://seacoastnh.com/whaling/hunt.html

too cool, what a budding artist!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home