10 July 2007

I'm Loving This!

Thank you all *so much* for the kind words! Really, all credit rightfully belongs to Melanie, the brain behind the gorgeous Mystery Stole!

And speaking of which, can I just tell you how much fun I'm having with this KAL? I usually don't do mysteries (except of the literary or BBC kind) or KALs, but this one really has me hooked. First of all, it's lovely, and I got to see others' first clue before I began, so I knew I liked (at the very least) part of it! ::g:: And then there's the fact that it's lace, which I totally love! Next, and this is a huge surprise to me actually, I love the fact that the clues are given out at intervals! I have the tendency to whip through lace so I can see what it looks like blocked. This one, though, I am savoring like a fine port. I can't go any faster. And that is making me happy. :)

Here's clue 1 completed:

Here you can see the beads more clearly:

And another bead shot where you can see them standing up a bit from the fabric:

A few people on the MS3 list were asking about reading charts, so in case this is helpful to anyone out there, here's a picture of my chart:

I follow a chart like this one (no repeats) by highlighting the lines that I have knitted. By doing this, I can see where I have been and where I am going. It helps me to keep the pattern in my mind's eye and to "read" the lace as it is knitted.

Now, everyone, go tell Becky that she really really needs a shawl. 'Cause she totally does. Hee.

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I will have to join the next round, as I've been hearing that it's so much fun from everyone!

5:20 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, you're cooking on this!

5:32 PM  
Blogger N. Maria said...

Not only are you the lace queen, you are a brilliant photographer! My, oh, my....for the first time, I have seen yo's (0) the same size whether they were next to a k2tog (/)or next to a skp (\).
I bow my head to you as your captive audience.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I am always in awe of your photos. The shawl is looking so beautiful. It almost makes me wish I were playing...but then I remember Icarus and realize that would be a mistake.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Laritza said...

This is the first black one that I see and it is lovely! Plus you are doing a great job.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Hey, your chart looks just like mine except I'm using a blue highlighter. :-)

I LOVE your yarn and the color. MMmmmmmmm yummy!!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I love the romance of shawls. I don't live that particular kind of life- but they are fantasy projects, aren't they?

I gotta get my hands on some beads. You've inspired me.

Beautiful, Rosemary.

5:28 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

so so so so so so so pretty. i love it!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Your Mystery Stole looks so beautiful! The yarn, beads, and pattern are the perfect match, I look forward to seeing the next clue.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Dr. Steph said...

Looking good! I'm really enjoying it too, if I could find some time to sit and knit it.

Thanks for the highlighter idea. I'm using a magnet board which I don't find very portable.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Wow! You're off to a wonderful start. It's going to be so beautiful. I like to put the chart in a sheet protector and use a strip of masking tape to cover up the row I have not yet knit. I like the idea of using a highlighter, but I just know I'd accidentally highlight the wrong row and then get all flumoxed.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Cookie said...

You're doing a wonderful job.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooooo pretty. Those little beads are to-die-for!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lacework is stunning as always, even in this pre-blocked stage. Your choice of black yarn makes it that much more beautiful, too.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I can't tell you how much I love the purple and black combo. I just started my stole yesterday and I am loving how fun the pattern is to follow. Plus the pattern is beautiful!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Loving it Romi.

It's going to be gorgeous.

Nice choice on the beads (only my favorite color).

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home