13 July 2007

Friday Eye Candy

Slipping in under the wire with some eye candy! (Hey! Its still Friday in California!) :g: New on my Designs by Romi site! Sterling Silver balls of yarn on rosewood sticks. I couldn't resist the artsy shot:

These were part of a big wholesale order. They're stuck in a ball of yarn; I thought it fitting! :)

I'm also restocking items and will have most of it up later on this evening! A few things will be photographed later on this weekend. Maybe. If I have time. This is the weekend of #1 Son's Martial Arts Tournament and Rabbit Show. I'm going to need a vacation when I get back! Meanwhile I am auditioning patterns for car knitting!

And some not so great news: postal rate increases and the reclassification of my outgoing mail (no longer considered envelopes) have more than doubled my expense in sending mail first class. Because of this, I will need to begin charging for shipping. But it's not all bad. I will only charge $2.50 flat fee for addresses in the US and Canada. Can you believe that it is now less expensive to ship a pin to Canada than to ship to a US address?! ::sigh:: Metals have also increased in price and, unlike last year, show no signs of heading back down. So my Elements Collection pins will also be going up a bit in price. All of this will happen August 1st, so you all have some time to get in there with the old prices and free shipping!

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Oh, and so is your MS 3 - stunning in that yarn!

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pins! I don't wear shawls usually, but you're starting to tempt me!

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous photo!

And it's not your fault that postal rates are going up (why don't they just do it 5 times a year now??). I can't believe you didn't charge for shipping before.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- If the US rates have gone up, that can only mean they'll go up in Canada too.

Those are great- they look like sterling silver balls of yarn.

Really beautiful.

5:11 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Beautiful, Romi!

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pins are gorgeous! Don't talk to me about postage rates LOL!!!!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

OK, you have convinced me that I need to buy one of the ball of yarn sticks!

Too bad about everything going up in price at one time. But I think $2.50 is pretty reasonable, so I hope it won't make a negative impact on your business.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Delisi said...

I love your shawl pins. They've been on my wish list for quite a while, and with a birthday coming up in September, I might just treat myself! How wonderful to have such a gorgeous talent.

Liz

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very, very beautiful!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Love 'em! They're really beautiful. I see exactly why you couldn't resist the artsy shot.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh my, Rosemary, those are lovely! I don't mind paying the extra shipping for your wares.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Cookie said...

Beautiful!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Those are so pretty!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

It's cheaper to send packages to U.S. than to anywhere in Canada. Funny how this works.
Oh, and the shawl pins are pretty!

4:58 AM  
Blogger Sonja said...

So lovely! I think all international mail rates have gone up though :(

6:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those are beautiful!!

And thanks for the comments on my HP scarves. They were finished right in time, don't you think?

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

Love the pins! What a beautiful design!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Hege said...

That is a beautiful shot! I would frame that and hang it on my wall! It's such a shame with the postal rates. They have also canceled good things like inexpensive surface mail. You would think that they would like to encourage more business, more internet shopping and shipping instead of hinder it!

9:30 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Beautiful! You take such great photos too. I can't wait to get my hands on a digital SLR.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Dr. Steph said...

Beautiful pins! They remind me of some fantastic earrings I have ;)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hmmm...I did just finish a shawl...

1:54 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Those pins look so pretty Romi!

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home