14 June 2007

Answers

Thank you so much for all the kind words! Venezia Redux is a really fun knit and one that I often wear! I hope you will give it a try. :)

So now, just a quick little post to answer a few of your questions!

The ADD Knitter asked "
Do you think that my 12 yo daughter could do this, or would it be too hard for her?"
I definitely think a 12 year old could do this bracelet. She might need a little help with the tubing, but that is only a hand size and strength issue.

Sarah said "
I'm allergic to most metal. I doubt string of any sort would hold up that. Any ideas for what else I could use?"
Try using sterling silver wire. It's available in 32 gauge. That shouldn't cause any allergic reaction. I'm not sure which metals you are allergic to, but there are also possibilities including coated copper wire, copper wire, gold filled wire and brass. If you email me with your allergies, I think I can help you find something. :)

Bea asked "I wonder if copper wire would work?"
Absolutely! Just make sure it's quite thin so that you will have an easy time with it. You can find copper wire in a hardware store or at many craft stores.

Jennifer asked "It's really knitting? I can do it?"
Yes! It's just garter stitch. It looks way more impressive and difficult than it really is. :)

Vivian said "Your pictures are always so incredibly delicate and beautiful. Can you share what kind of camera you use?"
Thank you, Vivian! I used a Kodak Easy Share digital camera. Nothing very interesting, I'm afraid! :)

And Kathy said "I'm afraid I'll kill my poor hands (yarn is hard enough on me). A bracelet, however, is a limited amount of work, so I may well give this a try."
Never fear! This wire is very soft and at 34 gauge, is flexible and very easy to work with. It's actually easier than wrapping wire with pliers for jewelry. Just don't hold it too tight, and your hands will be fine! I can knit with it for hours.

If you have any more questions, just let me know. :) Have fun with it!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Romi. I agree about your beautiful photos too. Do you have a light box of some sort, or do you shine a light from below? Just lovely.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the bracelet is so pretty. I'm a little intimidated at the thought of knitting with metal, but you make such lovely things, I may have to conquer my fears :-)

1:44 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

We picked up the supplies this morning, I'll keep you posted!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Thanks for this! I can't wait to make a Venezia for myself :)

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home