19 May 2007

Saturday Smorgasbord

In the hopes that I can quell the thirst for actual knitting content while I am knitting away on my stealth projects, I bring you Other People's Knitting. We got together at A Good Yarn in Windsor and knitted away this morning (yes, I knitted too!). Here's Therese, who is working on Sarcelle by the talented Ms. Cookie A (thank you for the correction, Mim!) Kristi:

Susan is knitting away on her Noro sweater. It's her first one! Isn't that great?!

And here's Dana who is modelling pieces of her Mari sweater knit from Eco Wool.

We were discussing today what a great all-around wool Eco Wool is. It comes in beautiful natural colors (plus some dyed ones now) and is a great value. I've knit a hoodie for my husband out of it (which he loves) and am in the middle of sweaters for #1 Son and Dr. Destructo. And I still love the stuff! I'm thinking I need a Rogue out of it next. Dana and Therese were agreeing that the more you knit with it, the more you love it. I have even knit a sweater of it held together with a strand of kidsilk haze. Can you say "fiber therapy?"

And here are Carol and Kathleen, who was new today. Welcome Kathleen!

Carol is working on a sleeve of her tie-dyed boxes sweater from Knitter's. Here are the back and front:

And Kathleen was working on a Calorimetry with this amazingly gorgeous wool/soy yarn (name escapes my tiny brain at the moment!).

She also brought a pattern for a mini sock that she's asking people to knit for her new non-profit.

Now I'm off to do a little stealth knitting while I watch Pride and Prejudice. What could be better?! :)

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Laritza said...

You look like you had a lot of fun! Beautiful things!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

OMG! That Scarcelle looks too dainty! I'm guessing that she's doing it out of KidSilk or something like that? I don't think I can knit with something that fine.

3:25 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

I love this post. It makes me feel like I was there!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, how you tantalize us with the hints about the stealth knitting project!

7:15 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

so that is what therese looks like!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

sorry to be knitpicky... but Sarcelle was designed by Kristi, Cookie's co-blogger.

8:48 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Knitting groups are so much fun, glad you had fun at yours.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all. And yes, I am placated by other people's knitting. Enjoy the movie and your secret knitting.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

These are great photos- it looks like a good time! This makes me wish I had a group. Nice post!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

What a great way to spend a Saturday. Knitting Groups give you such inspiration.

Yeah, a little time with Colin Firth - why not?

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, love that blue Calorimetry - what a great vibrant color. Everything here looks lovely, Rosemary. What a nice group to knit with! So how much time 'til we find out about those stealth projects? ;-)

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had a group to knit with - I'm jealous -it looks like fun!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

Oh, that looks like such fun! I love what everyone is knitting!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, what a fantastic time it seems you've had! And there's some really awesome knitting going on, such beautiful pieces of knitting art! Great - thanks for sharing!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

What a great time!! You are very lucky to have made good knitting friends! Lucky them too to have you around to show off to and to get advice from. You are an amazing talent!!
Don't you just love Spring ;)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Hi Romi, I just tagged you for "7 Random things", but now that I look deeper in your blog, you already got tagged for it :-( well, hope you don't mind having to come up with something new :-)

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home