10 April 2007

Eeeeeeeeeeee!

Look at what I got in the mail today!

It's Terri's new book! Woooot! Isn't it beautiful?! And look! She inscribed it for me!

She did an amazing job, and I am so blown away at the wherewithal she has in taking on this massive project, finishing it on her own deadline, getting it reviewed (great reviews on the back of the book!) and self publishing it. Wow. What a project. What a cool book. You should all go out and get one! :) The mittens are little works of art. And she thanked me in her acknowledgements! I was really *really* touched. Terri rocks. Big time.

In other news, I scored a copy of Rowan's Vintage Style and am now in love with Aimee. I'm thinking jelly kidsilk haze, 3/4 length sleeves and a little bit longer than shown. Or look at the gorgeous Pimlico shrug that Steph is making! I may have to do that one. Then there's Peacock Feathers. *drool* But I'm feeling brainless and not quite up to tackling it yet. My cold has been hanging on and on. The brain does not function properly under congested conditions!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am jealous. My copy hasn't arrived yet but I am terrifically impressed by your review.

Thanks - and I will hope mine will be here soon.

junie

9:02 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

[Eyes bulging] Look at all those black-and-white mittens! Hm, must buy the book.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Woo hoo!

Did the Easter bunny bring a cold for you too?

10:35 AM  
Blogger aija said...

Wow, what a good looking book! Thanks for pointing me to it :)

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Vintage Style too! I think there is a KAL for Salina from the book.

2:50 PM  
Blogger AlisonH said...

Waiting for my copy... You got yours, then, hopefully mine'll show up tomorrow or so. The cover's gorgeous, I can't wait to see the rest!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what an awesome and interesting book this seems to be - I'm jealous here too ;) Gosh - gotta go and get it too! Enjoy!

7:16 PM  
Blogger margene said...

I just got notification that my copy was sent! Can't wait.

10:39 AM  
Blogger annmarie said...

I can hardly wait for my copy to arrive! I *did* get a notice that it's on its way. Maybe it's taking a little longer to get to the east coast?

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home