28 March 2007

Friends

Recently, I've been going through what my Southern grandmother used to call a "Baptism by Fire." She had a lot of great little anecdotes and homilies that have stuck with me throughout my life. She always made me think, take a little step back and examine my actions.

But I digress.

It's been difficult. Very difficult. But it is, perhaps, one of those clouds with silver linings, of which my grandmother always spoke. Because, you see, I have found out who my friends are. And you are wonderful people. You have stood by me and loved me, and been kind. You and my family have brought joy and caring to me. I cannot express the gratitude and love I have for you all. You brighten my life. Thank you.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and good wishes over across the pond - and a big hug too! All the very best to you!

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope things get better soon! :)

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you too!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosemary I put you on the list:-)(the prayer list)

4:38 AM  
Blogger PurlsBeyondPrice said...

So glad to count you amongst my friends.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

xoxo

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that there have been some difficult times, Rosemary. May they pass quickly.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{{hugs}}}}

9:42 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Rosemary, I'm sending you a hug. Also, sometimes the trying times are there to help you remember all the good stuff. At least, that's what I keep telling myself! Please take good care of yourself, and I'll send you my grandfather's best advice. "It's a phase." Hopefully this phase will end soon.:)

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This, too, shall pass.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Courage, dear heart.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big mwah coming at you.

8:35 AM  
Blogger knitterterri said...

You get back what you give. XOX dahling.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy is that the truth, Terri.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Susan aka Chicken Mama said...

Oh dear one: I am happy to be counted as one of the many that love you and will stand by always. Love, Chicken Mama

10:22 AM  
Blogger Susan aka Chicken Mama said...

I am happy to be counted as one of your friends. You are one in a million. Our souls knew we would be friends! You have been given a great gift...that of true friendship! Big MWAH!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home