19 February 2007

Whooooooosh!

We interupt this knitting blog to bring you pictures of the 2nd stage of the Tour of California bike race. It was soooooo cooooool!!! Here is where I admit that I am glued to the TV every summer to watch the Tour de France. I love watching the peloton and all the people cheering alongside the roads as the racers travel through France. Well, this is the second year that Santa Rosa has been a stop in the Tour of California, and my family and I have gone both years and stood at the finish line to watch the cyclists whoosh by on their three laps through the city. It is an amazing experience to see the same racers that cycle through Europe riding through local streets! I love it. So here's a short recap:


#1 son on Dad's shoulders getting the best view of the finish line.


The first of three laps around Santa Rosa.


The back end of The Big Pile-Up in which half of the peloton was caught or went down. My husband saw the whole thing happen, but, alas, I am vertically challenged, so only saw half of it. I was holding the camera up over everyone's heads to get the pictures!


The finish! It was awesome.

Maybe this week I'll block my shawl.... :)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

That looks like a fun event to watch.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

T. is a bike racer so these are all being TiVoed right now. A few weeks ago he actually rode with the Navigator team!

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah, that's a lot of people! Looks exciting! Can't wait to see the shawl.

8:12 AM  
Blogger mle said...

How exciting!! we were just watching a little bit of it on TV last night but didn't see the end.

11:10 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

i hope you realize #1 son is going to be breaking some hearts in a few years ;-)

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home