09 February 2007

Cool Times!

Today I was privileged to see Terri's finished book cover. It is sooooo cool! She did an amazing job and I cannot wait to see her finished book. I am so excited for her. :)

And I got a call from my friend Susan, aka Chicken Mama, who is in New York with her husband Jeff, the chef/owner of Zin Restaurant in Healdsburg. He was invited to cook at the James Beard House. How amazing is that? They'll be cooking dinner Saturday night and I can't wait to hear how it turns out! The menu sounds incredible. All I can say is that Zin is definitely the best place to eat up here, so if you come to wine country, stop by. He makes everything from scratch, even his own ketchup! Yummy.

They've been taking the tour of the town and she, of course, like any proper fiber addict, stopped by Purl Soho and fondled yarn. Susan said she was talking about how she wished her friend Rosemary could see the store and how "Rosemary even knits with wire and had a pattern in Knitty." And how cool is it that the person in the shop remembered Venezia and loved it?! I will spare you all the gushing about the internet bringing everyone closer together, but it does! What a great community we have!

Anyway, I wanted to ask all of you to spare a moment and think good culinary thoughts for Susan and Jeff. This is like playing Carnegie Hall! Go Zin! Woooooooooo! :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good mojo going to Susan and Jeff! That's great!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's neat that someone recognized Venezia! Knitting does make it a smaller world.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting for them! Sounds like they're in for some big fun. I'm off to check Chickenmama's site for updates. :-)

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, if a lady in a yarn shop has never seen you ever before and remembers your internationaly-published-knitting-pattern, that means you're like, famous!!

Will you sign my knitting needles??

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home