22 January 2007

Socks!

Guess what? I received my very very first hand knitted gift the other day. A pair of socks! And it is my very very first pair of hand knitted socks. Because, you see, after knitting socks for my husband's size 13 feet on US zero needles, I was less than motivated to knit any for myself. But now my feet feel loved. And really, I think they feel much better because someone special gave them to me. :) Aren't they beautiful?!


*sigh* Thank you, oh beneficent sock knitter!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color -- yum!

Holly

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Handknit socks are the univere's way of saying "Hey feet! Don't worry! Be happy!" I'm currently working up a plan for a full body suit that will have the same magical properties without looking like something really frightening from a 70's knitting magazine. ;-)

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh pretty!

I love hand-knit gifts!! I haven't got too many, but when I do they're so special!

5:13 PM  
Blogger junie said...

Trying again to leave a comment. I think this has something to do with Blogger switching from beta.

Anyway, I was trying to say that your gift socks are a wonderful color. They will bring much comfort to your tootsies. They do have magical properties.

10:30 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Oh, wow! Somebody must really like you to knit such great socks for ya. Mmmm They look soft!

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait till your first handknitted pair made by your own two hands... then you'll really be hooked! Lovely, lovely socks you got there!

5:32 PM  
Blogger AlisonH said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous, wonderful socks.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home