02 December 2006

Woot!

Dec. 3 edit: 1-2-3 Happy birthday to me! :)

Hey! One of my pins is in the new issue of Knit.1! Wooo! It's a great issue, too, and the first full-sized one. Look!


That's it, my sterling heart pin on the bottom right! There's all sorts of cool stuff in this one. It's the love issue, and it is really well done and very inventive. :)

Onward.... When I finished Tokyo (by Hanne Falkenberg) last year, I had a ton of left-over yarn. So I decided a hat was in order. Of course I wanted it to go with my jacket, so "Toque, Yo!" was born. Hee. I admit, my downfall (well, one of them) is puns. And I know this is a bad one. Forgive me? Please? :D

Here's the hat (and the jacket). I love the way it came out.



I did Meg Swansen's jogless jog for joining the stripes on the top of the hat, and they came out perfectly:


Perspective view:

I *heart* this hat. As soon as I get it all written up, I'm sending the pattern out to a few friends to test knit and then I will offer it to others out there with left-overs from Falkenberg kits!

Note: I am a *huge* Falkenberg fan. Aren't her designs amazing?!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

gorgeous! Perfect timing for the pin feature with the holidays! Yippee!!

4:23 AM  
Blogger AR said...

Congrats on being in the magazine! That's so cool.

Your hat and jacket are gorgeous!

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool! And happy birthday. :)

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice feature! But your pins totally deserve it. :-) Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Congrats on all! And Happy Birthday -- I hope it was TOTALLY TERRIFIC!

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So _that's_ the hat in your profile photo - I've been wondering what pattern that was. What a great design!
Congrats on the feature in Knit.1.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy hat! Congrats on the PR...it is a lovely picture and I hope that it brings you LOTS of business.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home