16 November 2006

For Scout

This meme is for Scout. :)

1. How and when did you learn how to knit/crochet? Who taught you? I learned to crochet first, at about 5 years old. My grandmother taught me. Then I wanted to learn to knit so badly that I convinced my mother to teach me how to cast on and knit and purl. I was about 8. She really preferred crochet, but she acquiesced. ;)
2. How has this craft impacted your life? (besides financially!) I have found an amazing community of knitters online, and met a few locally (without the help of the internet). I feel incredibly fortunate to have met them and call them my friends! And I started my shawl pin business as a result of learning to knit lace. The knitting world has definitely changed my life for the better. :)
3. Pick at least one person to talk about who you have met through the knit-world and why you are thankful to have met them. Feel free to get all mushy. I met my most bestest friend
sister on one of the knitting lists. I never would have known this person otherwise! Honestly, I think we truly were sisters in a previous life; she's that most elusive of people that you meet and instantly feel that you could tell her anything in the world. And she has an incredibly generous, kind and good heart. I just think the world of her.
4. Comment and let me know when you post this in your blog so I can read them all. You got it! :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

Thanks for this!
xo

11:17 AM  
Blogger AR said...

I probably won't do the meme, but I love your answer to #3. I've "met" some really neat people, too. I really feel like part of something big!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home