18 September 2006

A pin of a different kind

At the beginning of this year, right before Stitches West, I did a little project with a woman who has the most amazing amount of energy I think I have ever seen. I don't know how she does it. Truly. I'm talking about Ann Rubin of Afghans for Afghans. She is incredibly cool and dedicated to her cause, and when you are around her, it is well nigh impossible not to end up caring every bit as much as she does.

Well, Ann needed a pin for a4A's Invest for Peace Campaign, and I was honored to do the artwork (a painting) for it, as well as preparing it for print. Here's what we ended up with:














(posing on Birch). The pins and magnets are going out to knitters and crocheters who have sent in vests to the campaign. There's also a tote bag here, that is yours for a $45 donation to Afghans for Afghans. Thank you, Ann, for letting me be a part of this! I hope that more knitters and crocheters will join in and make this an even bigger success. It feels good to give a little something back. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Very cool. Nice work!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

See last week's comment ;)

still awesome.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home