06 September 2006

Perfect Picots

First things first. Thank you all for the incredibly kind welcome I received! I tried to respond to everyone, but some people's email addresses are not on their comments, so here I am waving hello and thank you! Hi Carol in Napa! It's very cool "meeting" more knitters in the area. :)

Hope asked about the picot cast-off, so here we go! Using the knitted cast-on, cast on two stitches. You have now made three stitches from the first stitch. Knit the first stitch through the front:







Knit the next stitch through the back of the loop (twist the stitch) and cast off the first stitch. Knit the third stitch through the back of the loop (twisted) and cast off the second stitch. One stitch is left on your right needle.








Cast off two stitches and place the stitch back on left hand needle:








Repeat for perfect little picots!

In other news, I've been working on my lys's website. I just {heart} Laura, the owner, and Dana, her friend who works there. They are really wonderful, and I feel incredibly lucky to have them locally!

When we talked about her design, Laura wanted her logo to be prominent on the home page
and I wanted to make it look very "wine country" to fit in with the fancy digs they have now in Windsor. So this is what I came up with:

Of course, this is just the mock-up. It needs to be coded and the links made to work, but she loved it! Yay! When I went to talk to Laura yesterday, I also picked up a map of downtown Windsor in the local real estate sales office. Laura is in the middle of this amazing little European shopping village that was recently created: sort of a Disneyland for shoppers. But since it is so new, Mapquest doesn't have the streets listed yet. So of course I suggested a map, she agreed, and I will be creating one in my favorite program of all time, Adobe Illustrator.

Nancy J asked about a sheep pin in her comment, so one is in the works! I have the fish and cat up on my website now, and they are also available in sterling.

And Lisa's comment about Ram Wools reminded me of my great news! I'm in the new Ram Wools catalog. Woo! They have some of my other pins (Elements), as well, so hopefully they will make it into the next one!

Next episode, tune in for the no graft toe-up sock (or soap sack in this case) cast-on!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Blogiverse!

I love the picot bind off, now to find a spot to use it.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Janis said...

Your logo is beautiful, Rosemary! I wish I would have known you when I was doing mine.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowza! What an improvement on that logo! You artistic sensibilities are just amazing. I'd be envious if not for the fact that I recognize that someone has to be the appreciative audience.

7:08 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Thanks for the lesson. I haven't tried the picot bind off yet. Maybe I will now! Your pictures are really great.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog!
I love picots and, I love tutorials! 2 mints in one here!!
Oh my, what a lovely site this is going to be! I really love the simple elegance you are using for this website!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woops. I forgot to say thank you for the picot cast off instructions. I love learning new things!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home