26 September 2006

Inspirations

Sometimes I can't see ideas in anything, no matter how profound or beautiful. Sometimes every little thing inspires me. This has been one of those times. The other day, Alison asked me when I was going to make a treble clef pin. Duh! Why didn't I think of that?! I was a musician most of my life, even going to a conservatory and majoring in performance. Thank you for inspiring me, Alison. And here it is, just for you:












Another inspiration has been the amazingly talented Miriam. After I finished Icarus (shawl cheesecake pics to follow next episode), I was looking at her gorgeous shawl patterns the other day and it hit me. Boom. The Mountain Peaks pin:











And then, of course, there have been requests for a sheep pin. I know everyone does sheep pins, but I do think he's pretty cute. Here's my fluffy little ram. Doesn't he look like he wants to go home with you? *g*











These are all up on my website already and available in both sterling and copper.

And with that, I'll just give a big thank you to everyone who has made me feel so welcome in the blogosphere. You guys are the best!

See you soon!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Aw the sheep is cute! I SHOULD buy the G clef, having gone to music school, but I think after all these years I'm G-cleffed out! so I have my eye on the sheep....

5:34 AM  
Blogger AR said...

They are all so pretty!

6:14 AM  
Blogger AlisonH said...

You did it! Cool! You know, I signed up for the knitlist years ago specifically hoping for the answer to the question: is there a lace pattern that conveys a musical motif? Was there, for instance, a treble clef out there?

The answers I got were, when you find it, tell me. Oh. So I drove up to Berkeley and asked Kaethe Kliot of Lacis, the owner of the largest collection of lace books for sale probably in existence anywhere. I asked her; she thought hard, then shook her head no. But! You could do it! she said, telling me how simple it would be.

Which is why I'm still thinking, you know, I should design one of those someday...

And now I can wear your pin to encourage me. Thank you! That's really cool! Except--I want the sheep, and the mountain, and, and, and I can only wear one at once. Darn.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're beautiful. I love the mountain peaks one.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosemary, I *love* your new pin. Your designs are so beautiful. I've been collecting them since you first made them available last year and I can't wait to add this one to my collection!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rosemary - Love the new work! The world is full of imitators - the sincerest form of flattery, I guess!

Your pins are lovely, and I'm planning my next purchase already :-). (It's my carrot to finish the next shawl).

Diane

3:09 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I bought some beaded ones last fall, Mouse. Gave 'em all away for Christmas gifts. Looks like I'll be shopping at Designs by Romi agin this holiday season. They really set off my knitted gifties.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh oh oh, I love the treble clef!! the sheep is ADORABLE... looks like I'd better start saving my money for shawl pins!

11:12 PM  
Blogger AlisonH said...

My mail just came, and it is GORGEOUS. My dad is an art dealer, and I'm sitting here thinking, wow, I just received the first piece of art I ever commissioned. (So, does this mean I got the first one?) Well done!!!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

OH my, I love them all, hard to choose! I will have to have at least one when I get busy on my shawls!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Janis said...

These are BEAUTIFUL Rosemary!!! I will have to request a for and spoon pin for my new business!

I hope that we can all get together soon.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I *love* these pins! I'm going to pass your page on to my husband. ;)

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home