16 March 2013

post clue-al letdown

Well. I decided to knit my mystery along with the mystery shawlies. What fun! I've actually never KAL'd with everyone because I'm always rushing off to the next thing. But this time I decided to do another version in neutral colors since these particular two yarns have been whispering my name for a long long time. The original mystery is in lovely Floating yarn from A Verb for Keeping Warm: Filigree and Thai Iced Tea.

My second version (because I kept staring at that shawl and thinking how great this combo would look) is in yarn from Sincere Sheep: Agleam in Neblima (grey) and Tenacious in Winter's Night (deep blue-purple).

So now I've gotten the first mystery clue under my belt and it's back to Y3! That would be the "Home is Where the Heart Is" series. :) Are you ready for some teasers on the three color shawl?

I'm loving the way this one looks. Some of you may have seen a few small pics in my twitter feed, but I think you have to back up to appreciate the full idea.

This one is done in Lorna's Laces Solemate, a very nifty yarn that has a lovely gleam and drape to it. And kits will be available from Jimmy Beans Wool (honest! but right now I can't find them)! I love the way the colors seem to shift as I'm working on it.

Now off to clean up the construction dust (more on that later!) and then #1 Son and I are going to see a movie. He actually wants to go somewhere with me! Dude. I'd better not embarrass him.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

I adore the colors in your new Y3 shawl!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Terry B. said...

Squeee! This looks like such fun--I can scarcely wait!

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Pauline Keller said...

Can't wait. Just went to JBW website. Chatted and they said as soon as they get the specifics they will get the kits together. Can't wait. Although I have plenty to do with Caret and MKAL.

9:45 AM  
Blogger susanjd said...

so pretty!must add it to the queue

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home