21 November 2012

shades of inspiration

Knitting has continued as a smaller part of life than usual, but as always is a source of comfort and relaxation. I realized the other day that I have petted textiles since a very early age. When I was wee, my grandmother gave me two of her old cashmere sweaters as blankies - named Blue and Gold - because I loved fingering the lovely soft fabric so much. 

Inspiration is around me every day in this lovely place - in shapes, textures and colors.

It translates itself into less ethereal applications.

Shades of my natural world

rendered in soft pillows of garter stitch.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

How did you know I needed this right when you posted it? Sublime!!!

Happy HAPPY Thanksgiving to the "Romi" family in your new home. I'm sure it will be wonderful.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Boy, they do look wonderful together! Can't' wait to see more of it!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous skeindalous said...

Such lovely shades together! Knit on...and then share with us!

5:19 AM  
Blogger toastyyak said...

yes, yes!

12:15 PM  
Blogger toastyyak said...

Yes, Yes!

12:15 PM  
Blogger All For Love Of Yarn! said...

Can't wait to see it!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Pauline said...

These are my colors. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve, or should I say over your shoulder.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home