09 December 2011

Lacy

I mentioned before that I was working on a lacy tam. Remember? Well, the Poinsettia Tam is now out!
It comes in plain,
and lined! Pictured below is the lined version, inside-out.
The unlined version is perfect for the daytime temperatures we've been having in northern California.
The lined version is perfect for Teresa, who lives in Canada!
In this picture, you can see the yummy kidsilk haze lining. It's gathered for extra warmth. Lacy and warm! We aim to please here. ;)
I really love the lace pattern.
Sharon suggested it would also make a perfect miniature tree skirt. Cool idea, eh?
The red is knit from Spirit Trail Fiberworks Sunna in Garnet, and the black is Misti alpaca. I used a "worsted" alpaca, and because it's such a dense fiber with minimal memory, I was able to knit it on US 3 needles to a sport weight gauge that matches the Sunna. (Don't try to sub a worsted weight made from an alternate fiber like wool; you will need to use sport weight).

The pattern also has a little bonus: lacy mitts to match. You can keep them unlined, but I love the look of the mohair/silk lining.
The lining has a thumbhole to keep it from riding up in the cuff.
And I love the way the two layers look peeking out of a coat sleeve!
Here's Teresa's version. She has such pretty hands, doesn't she?
All in all a quick and satisfying knit! Available here on Ravelry.

Have a great weekend!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

Lovely Tam and wrist warmers! Although I don't wear them, I love to knit them. They are fast, but the lace makes them so special. I've never done a lined one.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home