25 October 2010

Monday's Musing

This past weekend, it rained. We were at an outdoor swim meet with the boys. It was a Very Very Very Wet team bonding experience. So today, I want to share with you something that a teammate of my sons said.

“I'm already wet. The rain doesn't make a difference.” - Justin Wong, 7 (it made the paper)

And something I told my younger son, The Bear, who had a decidedly different attitude:

"You are where you are and that's not going to change. Make the best of being here and turn the negative into a positive." - Mean Mommy

I'm happy to report that, by the last race, The Bear rallied and swam well. #1 Son had a Very Good Meet, with a minor exception. Mom and Dad had a very soggy parental bonding experience, a lot of laughs, and participated in a great memory. And after all,

"The sun will come out tomorrow." - Little Orphan Annie

And it did. :)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

Yay for parental bonding weekends!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Justin has a decidedly good nature. I wish I could think like that.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Mary Elizabeth said...

Way to go being a good mom!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Congrats on a lovely family bonding experience. :) And good for you for giving valuable advice, even if he didn't appreciate it. I don't think they ever do.

I've got you beat for mean mom. My son left his iPod Touch (which he saved up for a long time) on the trunk of the car, which his dad then drove away with. Bye bye, iPod. I offered to pay for half of a replacement iPod if he pays the other half. His reply? "I'm not going to WORK for it!" My reply? Um...I don't think that's printable. Rest assured, he won't be getting a new iPod, and I won't be getting Mother of the Year. Again.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home