28 September 2010

Ant trax and randominity

7 Small Shawls: T - 94 days and counting down.

Isn't this wild?!
These are little ant freeways through the sawdust in Mr. Romi's work area. They just suddenly appeared! I've never seen anything like it except in photos of Africa.

The other day, I ordered a CrockPot and it came today! Of course, we're in the middle of the only real heat wave we've had all summer and all anyone wants to eat is salad, but I had to try it out. So we had brown rice in the rice cooker and I cooked some cubes of pork in salsa verde in the CrockPot. Yummy! The model I got is half off on crockpot.com.
Of course, I didn't get it for half off, much to my everlasting annoyance, but if one of you does, that will make me feel better. :)

In knitting news, shawl #4 is progressing nicely.
Several people have asked me about the beads I'm using. These are the ones, but I was drooling over these too. Plus, I really like Ellen at Earthfaire.

Did you all know that bloglines is going away this Friday? If you're subscribed to me through that service, you're going to need to change. I'm sorry to see it go, but Google Reader is very very similar.

In other news, my Pins & Lace Club opens again this Friday for sign-ups at 12 noon PST. I will post all the options here tomorrow, so you can get a jump on what will be available. There will be 50 spots this go.

My secret project is nearing completion. Please send good knitting juju!

Off to give the bunnies their treats....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy in San Jose said...

On these hot summer days, a slow cooker is a valuable tool to have as it doesn't heat up your kitchen, and it doesn't take much of your time during the day. Prep all the ingredients, throw them in, set it and come back later to yummy goodness!

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home