01 October 2009

:drumroll:

I've been talking to members of my Ravelry Group about this, and now it's up: my new 2010 Shawl Pin & Lace Club!

I've talked to a lot of people about what they would like in a club and have built in lots of different options for you all. I am super super excited about this club! I hope you like it. :) Here are the details....

The club will have four installments sent January, April, July and October 15th. There is also a mini club with two shipments: January and July 15th. What is included? Each shipment includes a new elements shawl/scarf pin and lace shawl pattern with a theme having to do with the time of year! (no religious or holiday themes) You have the choice of metals for the pins, and you also have the option of adding 1,200 yards of hand-dyed lace weight yarn from Royale Hare to the mix! My favorite is an option with my picks for metal and yarn! Patterns will be in pdf format. Your package will arrive with log-in information so that you can retrieve your pattern at your leisure. And I am really sensitive to economic woes, so the club prices include a discount!

The pins, patterns and yarns you receive will be brand new designs and yarn colors. I will be releasing the pin and pattern to the public about three months after you receive it, but there will be no kit released for at least a year (if at all). For those of you who would like to join me, there will be a knit-along for the patterns in my Ravelry group. Mostly, the patterns will be written by me - designer of Muir, Ice Queen, Waves of Grain, Bluebird and others - but there may be a guest or two in the mix, as well! Regular shipping to the US or Canada is included in the club price. Shipping to other countries will be extra, and different shipping options are now listed on the club page!

Sign-ups are open through December 15th, 2009. Sign up before November 1st and receive some complimentary holiday cheer!

And the give-away? Retweet (mentioning this blog post and @RomiDesigns), blog about or plurk about this sale with appropriate link to my post here, and be entered to win 6 lacy patterns: Bluebird, Delta Queen, Love Squared, Verdigris Socks, Queen Wilhelmina Socks and Dynamique Socks! I will announce a winner on Friday, October 9th. However many times you mention this sale (and tell me about it), that is the number of entries you will have in the drawing! Become a club member and receive two chances per club shipment you choose. Good luck to you! :)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

Can you give us an idea of the skill level necessary to participate? This sounds great!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Yes! Can those of us who left off knitting mittens at age 12 figure this out?

11:33 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

You will need mid-level lace skills. So nothing crazy difficult like the Princess Shawl, but nothing super easy like Clapotis either. :) And I will have pattern support and KAL support on Ravelry. I won't abandon anyone! :D

1:52 PM  
Blogger Chloe Sparkle said...

Brilliant!

5:37 PM  
Blogger tapmouse said...

Chloe tweeted about this! So happy to hear and wish I could participate! I Tweeted it, though...

8:46 PM  
Blogger galemarie said...

L would love to try lace knitting, have been knitting sock for x-mas gifts. And it is time to make something for my self.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home