10 February 2011

clever title

Things are moving along while I'm getting ready for Stitches West. We have some fun in store for those of you coming! Meanwhile, I'll be teaching in Maryland at the end of the month, at the Indie Artist Celebration at Eleganza Yarns in Frederick. I'm so looking forward to it! If you're in the area (either place) please come by and see me! Also, in April, I'll be at Yarnover in Minneapolis. I'm not sure if there is any room left in my classes, but they did ask me if I could take more students and I gladly agreed! Hope to see you there. It's a really fun event, and Minnesota has no sales tax on yarn! :)

Meanwhile, back in my little corner of the world, the violets are blooming and it's lovely lovely lovely.
When we moved here, I planted three tiny plants and they've grown into a healthy patch. They're such pretty little things, aren't they? The rain is supposed to be back next week, so I'm enjoying the sun as much as possible!
In between making shawl pins and preparations, I've been winding up testing on Taygete. I've been testing my percentage system for re-sizing the shawl. And it's totally working!!! I'm so excited, I can't tell you! Here's the smaller version I'm working on right now.

My friend J from knitting group says that these are not colors that occur naturally.

I beg to differ. :)

I have definitely seen these colors in nature. Hee. At first I was thinking this might be a little much. But now? I'm loving it with the lace. I'll have it at Stitches and you can see for yourself. I may even be wearing it!

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Anonymous Helen said...

Oh definitely colours you'll see in nature! Especially in Scotland. Think lovely purple heather (with perhaps the green toned down just a little).

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Kate said...

So, is it going to be released soooooooooooooooooooooooooon?

4:07 AM  
Blogger norabrown said...

Absolutely those colors are seen in nature and I love it! My flower garden is full of that color purple and greens. ;) Of course not right now. Right now my garden is buried under 2 feet of snow and is sleeping while we battle temps below 0.

I THINK IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Wonderful color combination!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Your violets are lovely, in the garden, and in the shawl.
They give me hope that we might see spring some day...the temperature in my part of southern Canada is hovering around 0 degrees F today.

6:40 AM  
Blogger pearl said...

your post is all love and smiles! I'm behind in knitting, but eagerly awaiting the release of Taygete and yours in these colors is so much fun! i can't wait to see the finished version. And, don't you love it when math all works out! YAY!

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Robingail said...

Oh, good, I'll look for you at Royale Hare - I may be wearing something stripey myself :-)

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about an eggplant!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Hmmm...those colors look just like the cute little viola blossoms and new green shoots to me. Wish your travels included Ohio (which is kinda sorta between Maryland and Minnesota).

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those colors are found in nature.

I bet you'll find something in similar colors at Stitches. (That's nature right?)

In fact I know there'll be a hat in those colors at the Knit Princess booth.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Violets, lupine, pansies, hyacinths are all purples and greens.

But I really love your sweater in the most recent issue of Knitscene.

12:58 PM  
Blogger gotsteele said...

No sales tax on yarn?! What a novel concept! Any chance you're going to be at Stitches South in April?

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anna said...

Those colors are beautiful together!

6:17 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Wear them to Yarnover, too! By then we may even have our own violets blooming.

8:50 AM  
Blogger OPKnitter said...

I've definitely seen orchids in those colors. They're gorgeous - & so is the pattern.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

So I think you still need to call it Can Can. Love YA and see you Friday.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely color combination! Just gorgeous!!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home