27 May 2010

Green

7 Small Shawls: T - 219 days and counting down.

Green is one of my favorite colors. And after knitting a lot of pink and purple (most on a secret project due out in fall), it's so nice to be back to it! I'm really loving this new shawl design. It's simple but has a great texture. The pattern is super easy to remember, which makes it perfect for today, when I've been helping with fair and parade preparation and haven't had two brain cells to rub together. (The parade went off without a hitch and it was sunny! This after torrential rain in the morning.)

I was out almost all day, but I managed to snap a few pics of my progress while I was home this afternoon.
Even though this is proving to be a great travel pattern, I wasn't doing any knitting this morning at the fairgrounds. OMG, it was wet! There was a mini flash flood. But the sun finally came out in the early afternoon.
This shawl has a more semi-circular shape. I can't wait to finish it and see if it works as planned!
Tomorrow it's off to the fair bright and early for the boys' rabbit judging and showmanship. And it's going to be another loooooong day, with auctions in the afternoon and into the evening. I'll sneak back to my studio to get some pin orders in the mail, and then it's back again to the fair. But I think this time I'll get a little knitting time in the stands. :)

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Anonymous Sev said...

This new shawl seems to be wonderful ! Can't wait to see it finished !

12:11 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

That green yarn is going to haunt me. What is it? I think I'd give a kidney for that color!

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Stunning. Gorgeous. You have quite the talent for creating these shawls.

3:44 AM  
Blogger penny said...

The stitch movement combined with the green on this is very exciting and i look forward to seeing *and* knitting it. :)

5:13 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- That's gorgeous- with the leaf detail.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Ariane said...

Looking gorgeous! I really, really love the effect of the horizontal band! I'm looking at it, trying to figure out how you're knitting it!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Oh, this shawl is already amazing! And of course, we share the love of all things green, so that makes it even better!

6:28 AM  
Blogger teanotea said...

I'm so glad I already broke my "no new patterns" rule for your 7 shawls book. This one alone would have insisted I buy it. I've already picked out the yarn I'm going to make it in. Now I just need to keep knitting as fast as I can to clear my needles to start it as soon as it hits my inbox.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

beautiful!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm not a "shawl person" (I have yet to knit one and NEED to so I can wear the ram pin I got from you!), but that one captivates me! Hmm, maybe I need to sign up for that ebook after all....

7:29 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

You are a genius. I cannot wait to get this one on my needles. Seriously.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Akhila's Handblog said...

The Shawl looks wonderful. Looking forward to see it finished. I want!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

That's really gorgeous!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Marie-France said...

Oh I love it! Can't wait for it to be finished so keep knitting!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

I am loving the look of that! Can't wait to see it done!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn H. Chilvers said...

This one convinced me---I just bought the book!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

OMG- this shawl is gorgeous already!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

looking good, yes green is the best-est color ever!

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's looking quite gorgeous! I love the center.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Madeline said...

Each time I see this shawl I'm even more impressed! I hope you're having fun designing it. So glad I signed up for the 7 Small Shawls.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home